Energy Efficient Alternative
ICF Block Construction is the best alternative to traditional concrete and wood frame construction for its green and energy efficient benefits. ICF (Insulated Concrete forms)Block Construction homes are a more energy efficient method of building your homes or commercial properties. The rigid polystyrene blocks look similar to Lego blocks and interlock together without mortar or cement. After locking the blocks together they are reinforced with rebar and concrete is poured into the cavities to create permanent interior and exterior substrate for walls, floors, and roofs.
ICF Construction Benefits
Over the years, ICF construction have become more popular for low rise commercial and residential construction. Because the walls of an ICF building are solid and unlike typical framing will not warp or twist, contractors typically restricted to building during the milder weather of the year can now extend the building season well into the colder months of the year.
Typically, the cost of building an ICF home is 3-5% more expensive, however, construction is relatively quicker and due to the nature of this material, you can expect ongoing savings in energy costs.
- 100's of ICF systems serve the Canadian market.
- You can build a ICF home at any time of the year
- Traditional exterior finish including brick, wood and vinyl siding, stucco and stone as well as many others. The options are endless.
- The initial cost of an ICF home is approximately 3-5% more than a traditional framed house.
- An ICF home keeps heat in during the winter and cool air in during the summer so you save on energy bills
- It's estimated that a 3,800 square foot ICF home saves up to 25 large trees when compared to conventional construction.
- ICF homes use 40% less energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- An ICF home offers a very quiet living environment. No squeaky or bouncy floors and reduced noise travel from the outdoors
- The home is a more secure structure as ICF is resistant to high winds and major storms.
- ICF homes allow for larger windows with deep window sills; and concrete as a flooring system allows for wider, more open spaces.
If you need a company that is experienced and has a proven track record of ICF house and commercial building construction, please give us a call or contact us for a free on-site evaluation and estimate.